Our team provides residential and commercial electrical services. We pride ourselves on having friendly and knowledgeable electrician electricians. We encourage customers to ask a question or inquire about a certain process. KES values our customers and our work and why we strive to ensure the customers’ needs come first.
KES has locations on the North Shore, South Shore and Woburn. Our teams provide service to all of Eastern Massachusetts.
- 100 amp, 200 amp, 400 amp Service Upgrades
- Bathroom electric in-floor heating mats
- Bathroom Fans
- BX Rewiring
- Ceiling Fans
- Closet Lighting
- Electrical Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Electric Vehicle Chargers
- Exhaust Fans
- Knob and Tube Inspections
- Knob and Tube Rewiring
- Kitchen and Bathroom upgrades
- LED Lighting
- Motion Sensored Lights
- Outdoor Lighting
- Panel upgrades
- Recessed Lighting
- Service Upgrades
- Smart Light Switches
- Smart Wifi Thermostats
- Stair Lighting
- Track Lighting
- T.V. Installation
- Thermostat upgrade installation
- Under cabinet lighting installation
- Whole Home Rewires
- Whole Home Surge Protectors
What is the KES Difference?
We specialize in residential work
- That’s right, we work in homes just like yours every day!
- We are not a commercial electrician dabbling in residential, we are residential electricians first.
Communication and Transparency
- Call us anytime during our business hours and our amazing office staff will answer the phone
- Email us, response within 24 hours
- Pre-estimate and pre-installation forms sent to customers prior to appointments as a guide to the KES process
- Contracts are used for larger jobs with installation dates and payment schedules.
On Site Installation
- Feel free to watch or ask a question during your electrical installation, we love customers who are interested in what we are doing and welcome any questions!
- We will leave the job site area cleaner than we found it.
- Estimates have clearly written scopes which are easy to follow. It is important that our customers know EXACTLY what they are getting!
- KES isn’t about any one person, it is about our team as a whole. We have almost 25 amazing individuals who have come together for one common; to deliver top quality electrical work and have fun doing it!
- Our office will follow up after installation to ensure satisfaction with our service. If we have an unhappy customer, we will do our best to make it right.
- We offer a no questions asked 1 YEAR parts and labor warranty on all of our electrical installations.
- We offer am industry leading 5 YEAR warranty on all of our residential electrical service upgrades.
Plug your electronic devices right into the outlet. Faster charging speeds and additional spots for all your devices without the need for the USB transformer.
Bathroom Electric in-floor heating mats
Warm up cold bathroom floors with electric in-floor heating mats installed under the tile.
WIFI thermostats are great products that allow you to view your home temperature or control your heat and air conditioning from anywhere with your smart device. A very convenient option when traveling during the Winter in New England to ensure your heating system is working properly.
Versatile product that can be any length to fit your spacing. Affordable and easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Depends on the fire prevention rules of the city or town you live. Currently Salem and Somerville do not allow them.
Q: Do I need to upgrade to a 200 Amp service?
A: No. Service is based on load calculations, square footage, electrical appliances, central air, heating system, etc. If you have gas appliances, 100 Amp service can be more than enough. Ask for your load calculations and go from there!
Q: I have flickering lights through my house, what does this mean?
A: Typically, it could be a bad neutral splice or a hot leg splice. Connections can start to break down in older homes that have electrical service connects to power from the street. This is not good and should be checked and fixed as soon as possible.
Q: What is an Arc-fault circuit breaker and dual function arc-fault/GFI circuit breaker?
A: Arc-fault circuit breaker interrupts current when an Arc is detected, tripping the circuit to prevent an electrical fire. An Arc produces heat causing that fire. Dual-Function arc-fault breaker detects current leakage to ground as well as arc-fault to prevent electrical fires. National Electrical Code 2014 requires all 120V lights and outlets to be arc-fault circuit breakers except in certain rooms.
Q: What is the 6′ GFI rule around kitchen sinks?
A: A new code change in the 2014 NEC requires any outlet within 6′ of your kitchen sink MUST be GFI protected.